The History of Sassano's Men's Wear
Oldest Family Owned Business in Clovis Ca.
1907 - After immigrating to America Aniello worked for Radin and Kamp Department Store in Downtown Fresno as a cobbler. Then at the age of 23 he opened a 10'x10' shoe repair store on Front St., what is now Clovis Ave..
1931 - The store closed in August 1931 due to the depression
1932 - Reopened February 1932
1936 - The Sassano Blanket Award was created and every year since this prestigious award is presented to the outstanding Clovis High athlete in each of their 23 sports.
1950-1960? - Sasssano's became a Wilsons Sporting goods dealer around 1950 and supplied gym clothes and sports uniforms to Clovis High School until the late 1950s. And to this day we still supply the lettermen jackets to Buchanan, Clovis and Clovis High Schools.
1955 - The store was moved to it's present location on Pollasky Ave.
1963 - August 3rd Bob Parks was hired on Greg Sassano's fifth birthday and has been an integral part of the store to this day.
1963 - Shorty Sassano was the Grand Marshal of the Clovis Rodeo.
1968 - We expanded the store, building onto the south side doubling its size.
1975 - Lawrence "SHORTY" Sassano was inducted into the "Clovis Citizens Hall of Fame"
2004 - Les Sassano was the Grand Marshal of the Clovis Rodeo.